Join now - be part of our community!

USB & mem reader failed on RS404 after use of PSP

madpa01
Visitor

USB & mem reader failed on RS404 after use of PSP

Hi All,

Plugged in my PSP into my RS404 desktop via front mounted USB port only for the system to lockup.

afer reboot, via power cable, my pc now no longer reconises any USB device (via front or rear ports) and also fails to read any of the memory card reader slots.

Within file manager the icons for all the mem card slots have disappeared.

tried reinstalling the intel chipset part of the OS, checked BIOS and still no progress.

Anyone got any thoughts as I leaning towards maybe motherboard issue (fuse?) rather than software.

help appreciated.

thanks

12 REPLIES 12
apierc1
Visitor

So if PSPs can cause a burn out on your laptop usb port ( as I have a PSP I might plug it into my Vaio, although I'm not sure why, and I'll need my Vaio back from Sony first), then if it burns out and damages the port, surely Sony via my PSP warranty will have to fix my USB port as their device damaged it? is this not true?

Note, this is a hypothetical

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Nope, as it's a limited warranty, and one of the clauses says it doesn't have to fix items damaged due to usage.

PV
Visitor

Hi guys and girls. I've been having this problem for months now (listening to the same mp3s is now a bore). I've tried everything suggested here and elsewhere, has anyone found a solution?