Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Gamer Needing Help Bad

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

VAIO Gamer Needing Help Bad

On some of my games, namely Call of Duty, Joint Operations and Battlefield 1942, my VAIO crashes, and shows a blue screen, then restarts.

This happens shortly after when the "game level" is loaded. The screen locks up, the sound disappears and Mr. Blue Screen appears.

I have a VAIO VGC-V2S, which has the following specs:
- P4 HT 3.2 Ghz
- 512mb RAM
- 230Gb HD
- Nvidia GeforceGo FX5700 128mb
- 20" 16:10 Widescreen TFT Monitor

I also have a Linksys Wireless Router, which may be causing the trouble, however, I don't know how to fix it. I also have the Norton Security running aswell. Disabling that does nothing.

So, I am begging the computer experts out there to help me. Ive spent a fair bit of money on games that won't work on this overpriced PC. Help will be greatly appreciated.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

OMEGA drivers?

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

I don't want to risk it with Omega drivers. Seeing as this is actually my dad's 1 and a half grand computer I am not going to ruin it.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Hell you came.. you saw ..you conquered and it still crashes. Yes Punkbuster has been rescripted in an over vealous attempt to bust punks (talentless ****** cheats). As a result some graphics cards especially ATi Radeon cards do not march to the beat of Punkbusters drum. Do a search for 'Punkbuster' and you will find many blogs about this. And yes you are correct that non-PB games are the only alternative but only about 10% of the servers have disabled PB due mainly to game slow downs. Find out what card works with punkbuster and your problem is solved but i think you already knew that. GG

Edited: Profanity

seb21__
Visitor

true

tonybeard
Explorer

Sponge
This might cheer you up :smileygrin:

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

Well, thanks for the help anyway. I can't get a new card because the VAIO I have doesn't allow a new card to be inserted, because it is built much in the same way as a laptop.

I have sorted out the CoD problem but it looks like I will hardly get a decent game of Joint Operations. *cries* And all the bloody money I spent..... :cry:

seb21__
Visitor

:slight_frown:

kee-lo_

Ugh that explains it then, it's a mobile chip!
Damn them

One good thing about the RA it's a proper PCIE card

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

This is the exact error for computer minded folk:

*** STOP : 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8050ADF1, 0xF14562EC, 0x00000000)

And it seems Punkbuster is a culprit in the case.

I metioned I had a DSL Router, could that have any cause in a crash between itself and PB?

kee-lo_

Yeap apparently Doom3 and SC: Pandora Tomorrow is using it.