Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Gamer Needing Help Bad

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

VAIO Gamer Needing Help Bad

On some of my games, namely Call of Duty, Joint Operations and Battlefield 1942, my VAIO crashes, and shows a blue screen, then restarts.

This happens shortly after when the "game level" is loaded. The screen locks up, the sound disappears and Mr. Blue Screen appears.

I have a VAIO VGC-V2S, which has the following specs:
- P4 HT 3.2 Ghz
- 512mb RAM
- 230Gb HD
- Nvidia GeforceGo FX5700 128mb
- 20" 16:10 Widescreen TFT Monitor

I also have a Linksys Wireless Router, which may be causing the trouble, however, I don't know how to fix it. I also have the Norton Security running aswell. Disabling that does nothing.

So, I am begging the computer experts out there to help me. Ive spent a fair bit of money on games that won't work on this overpriced PC. Help will be greatly appreciated.

22 REPLIES 22
SPONGEBOB
Visitor

I am actually starting to believe Punkbuster is the cause, and that the current version for Joint Operations is causing my restarts. The latest CoD one sorted my problems, it just seems the Joint Ops one doesn't agree with my PC. So, I am going to sit and wait for the latest update, then try again.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Always a good idea to ask the developers too, maybe they can get some people with VAIOs to test and see if they can resolve it.

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

Hah. I sent Novalogic an e-mail about 4 weeks ago. They still have yet to reply. Some support.