Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Pocket 'No Sound' Problem!

Wiredchild
Visitor

Vaio Pocket 'No Sound' Problem!

Hello,

Completely randomly my Vaio Pocket stops producing any sound and to rectify the problem i have to press the reset button, something which is very annoying and sometimes hard to do if i don't have anything on me small enough!

There seems to be no correlation between when it does this, sometimes i'll be 1 or 2 times a day, sometimes it'll be weeks between. It's not the headphones as i've used several pairs, and i've also tried reinstalling the firmware on several occasions with no prevail.

It's starting to get very very annoying. The only thing i've noticed is that it seems to happen when i change a track, like i'll press back a track...then nothing comes out and i have to reset the darn thing.

Any ideas???

2 REPLIES 2
samhiggs
Visitor

Yeh i always used to have this problem. I'm afraid the Vaio Pocket is rather buggy and I had to perform the manual reset quite often. Fortunately for me my player was damaged as it went in for repair under an extended warranty, thus leaving me with a 60gb iPod as a replacement, I know the iPod doesnt have the same feel of quality and exclusivity, but its a damn sight easier to use and live with. Hope you can fix your problem, might be worth reinstalling the firmware upgrade again!

Marce
Visitor

Is it happening usually with the same songs? May be you gave a shock and there is a problem in the hard drive, so delete these songs and load them again, who knows???