Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update Internal server error

SOLVED
MarioM2013
Explorer

Vaio Update Internal server error

Hi all,

I bought my Vaio SVL2413Z1E recently and since day 1 was completely unable to use VAIO UPDATE.

I get a very strange "

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Has anyone seen this type of error?  Any help available?

Thanks,

M

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi agimtryci,

I'm very pleased to hear that Vaio Update is now working for you but as I have heard nothing back fom the Sony contact since you confirmed the serial nuber was correct I have no idea why it is suddenly working after approx. 12 months. I can only assume that something has been changed at the server - If I hear anything further I will let you know.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
riuuuu
Explorer

Hi Rich,

i bought my Vaio in april and it's a SVP1322M4E running Win 8.1 right now with mostly everything (except the NFC) working fine but i get the same "interal server error 500" when I click on an update in Vaio Update or after an update installed and I've restarted. The browser opens and shows this message... could you be so kind and check if my s/n is registered? I only need to know how to send you my s/n since i wouldn't wanna post it here...

thanks in advance 😉

Marius

riuuuu
Explorer

and it's me again... I found my old Sony Germany account, changed back to it and deleted this one here on Sony UK. Any chance that your Vaio contact can still register my s/n with the Vaio Update servers? The German Sony accounts unfortunately don't have a nickname that i could pass on to you here... any idea how to solve this?

Many thanks!

Marius

EDIT: It seems even tho I've apparently deleted this account here it's still possible for me to use it for posts... as of now :question:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Marius,

I will request that the server database is checked. If I need you to let me have your serial number you can do this via private message. To send a PM click the user name and select ‘send this user a private message’. Hopefully they will be able to find the serial from you registered user name.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Marius,

Your product is registered with the update server DB so VU should work. There is the possibility that it has only just been uploaded so try VU again.

The other possibility is that somewhere in the operating system upgrade things have gone awry. Did you follow the Sony upgrade guide or was there a clean install at any stage? When did the server error 500 start?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
riuuuu
Explorer

here we go... new user account since my German one wont work here. 

Thank you Rich for your quick help and reply. The error occured when i clicked on an update in VU. And by clicking on it i mean the name before attempting to perform the update (to get some information about what the update contains i guess). The browser then opened and would show the error 500 message. Also it would appear after a restart which had to be done after an succesful update from VU when the browser then opened automatically... not sure what it wanted to show me.

Since I've no update currently available in VU for installing i can't give you any information if the problem still exists or if it was solved. hopefully I'll remember to give some feedback here after the next update has appeared 🙂

The model I bought came with win7 and i upgraded to win 8.1 directly (without win8 inbetween) by using the vaio recovery DVDs provided with my unit. The error appeared every time i clicked on an update in VU like i mentioned above.

thanks for now!

Marius

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi riuuu,

From what you describe this is a completely different problem to other members posting in this thread (error 500 reported by VU and updates not downloading or completing). I have only heard of this error within VU not the browser. I have encountered error 404 (file not found) in the browser after clicking the pending download for further information, but not error 500.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that there is a software conflict as you didn’t upgrade to 8.1 as supported by Sony. As long as VU is advising of updates and is downloading and installing these then I would just ignore the error as long as no failures to install are reported.

Did you receive my PM re your preferred nickname for your DE account?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
riuuuu
Explorer

Hi Rich,

for me it's fine as it is right now... it was just kinda bothering me to get the error and not knowing why and what the missing content was. In the beginning when i did a clean install of win 8 i got some of the error 500 problems as you just described them but after i did the recovery with the vaio DVDs everything is fine on 8.1... and since there was no advised routine on how to correctly do an "recovery-upgrade" (at least I couldn't find one) and there ain't really much you can do i.e. settings-wise in the win 8.1 recovery process I think I did it correctly.

Anyway, as you said I'm just ignoring the error since VU does everything as it's supposed to do. And I don't wanna further "hijack" this thread here with my specific obscure problem 😉

A big thank you and a heads up for your outstanding support Rich! Very appreciated!

Oh... and no, I didn't receive any PM. Neither on my UK nor my DE account... 😕

Cheers,

Marius

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Oh... and no, I didn't receive any PM. Neither on my UK nor my DE account... 😕

In that case can you please let me know your preferred nickname for your DE account so that I can pass this on to Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
riuuuu
Explorer

that would be awesome!

if it's possible I'd like to stick with 'riuuuu' as it is here... otherwise if that wouldn't work I'd go for 'm.hennel'

Thanks a lot!

Marius