Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Zone "Une erreur inconnue s'est produite"

hmoutot
Visitor

VAIO Zone "Une erreur inconnue s'est produite"

After XP SP2 setup, VAIO Zone put this error on screen and stop.

(ID erreur = 0 - 0 - 15465 - 1737).

Is there somebody with knowledge about this ?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Get the latest updates from VAIO-Link

hmoutot
Visitor

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunaly, I download and setup all updates from vaio-link without any success.

Could you tell me why, after my registration in the VAIO Club, I could not reach the e-support ?
I receive always the same message: "Your email address could not be found in our database.". But I don't find any way to tell them that my email is correct and accepted (with answer) by the VAIO Club!

kee-lo_

eSupport is messed up, you need to call Sony to enable you to use it.

hmoutot
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo,

Week-end is not a good time to have trouble with Sony...

Let me explain my problem completely:
I want to use XP professional instead of the Home version pre-loaded on my new VAIO RS704 and I have a valid XP Pro license and the original XP SP1 CD.

The pre-loaded XP Home version is SP2 and I can't upgrade from my CD because it is a XP Pro SP1!

I try a few thing:
-Setup XP Pro on the C partition in the same folder than XP Home. After that, I setup all drivers and VAIO software found on the SONY reinstall CD #2 . Everything was fine except the error when launching VAI Zone application!
-Complete reinstall with CD #1 and #2. Every thing was ok. VAIO Zone also. I restart the PC with the XP Pro CD inside, and try the "R" option in order to "repair" the previous install on the C drive. It ask me for the Administrator password (I have to set in the safe mode before a password to the administrator account), and stop after entering the valid password.
-Setup XP Pro with formating the first partition, all drivers. But here, the SONY reinstall CD #2 did not want to setup VAIO Software.

So, do you think possible to upgrade to XP Pro without losing VAIO software and VAIO specific functionnalities ?

Thank in advance.

Milo2201
Visitor

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunaly, I download and setup all updates from vaio-link without any success.

Could you tell me why, after my registration in the VAIO Club, I could not reach the e-support ?
I receive always the same message: "Your email address could not be found in our database.". But I don't find any way to tell them that my email is correct and accepted (with answer) by the VAIO Club!

out of hens comes eggs..thus nothing changes...

kee-lo_

Yeah weekends are bad with VL

This is quite a tricky procedure, and it doesn't work if you need VAIO Zone.
The way Sony have done it means you have to sacrifice their software!