Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2S Hard Drive Failure HELP PLZ ASAP

dibbleyuk
Visitor

VGC-V2S Hard Drive Failure HELP PLZ ASAP

Hi everyone i have a problem with my Vaio all i done was restart it and it came up windows did not restart properly how would you like to start up and i have to pick
Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with DOS

Last know working setting

Start windows normaly

i have tryed all of these and it does the same thing just start to load then restarts itself. So i turned it back on and press F10 now when running recovery it stops and 14% and fails it says to restart the recovery have done this 3 times now.

Im gessing the hard drive is dead and it isnt under warrenty anymore. Im more than happy to replace the hard drive in there myself but one thing im worryed about if i change it will the viao recovery work with the new drive and install windows from the recovery disk so i still have all my software and a proper version of windows i dont want to put it in and it doesnt reconise itself as being a viao and not being able to use my TV and also i dont own a copy of windows XP so that would be a problem too. Any help would be great as im really stuck and gutted as its been such a great machine! its my main TV aswell so the longer im with out it the more bored im getting lol

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dibbleyuk and welcome.

Your hard disc is obviously working until it starts loading Windows - which points to corrupt software or drivers. I would reset the BIOS by pressing F2 continuously when you see the Vaio logo on booting. Reset the default values and save and exit. Try F10 a few more times.

If it is your hard disc, then yes, you should be able to load your new disc from your Recovery Discs.

Not easy to get at though!

:slight_frown: