Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-A215M -> how can I recover VAIO functions?

Tilli
Visitor

VGN-A215M -> how can I recover VAIO functions?

Hello everybody,

I have the following problems with my Vaio VGN-A215M:

My laptop was seriously damaged and had to be fixed by Sony - the mainboard had to be exchanged. Now, after three months (!!), I have it back, but it is not quite the latop it was before.

Unfortunately we didn't, already fed up with the less than impressive customer service, bother buying the original Sony recovery disk, but tried to reinstall everything manually.

The system runs fine, but:
- the battery is not installed, even if I run the laptop on battery I'm told that I am using AC - no way for me to know how much battery is left.
- the touchpad used to have a little area along the edges that I could use to scroll, also not working anymore
- I can't set the brightness of the screen (there are 6 hotkeys for the volume, brightness, etc. just below the display, apart from the sound on/off button none are working)
-> therefore: how do I reactivate these buttons and their functions?
- when I shut the computer down, it doesn't automatically switch itself off, but I'm told that I can switch it off now and have to do it manually.
- the CD eject button doesn't work.

In summary all the Vaio specific functions are not working, windows in general is running.

Please help me out.

Thanks so much.

I should add that the Sony NOtebook Setup Program is NOT working..

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tilli,

Sounds like you need to download the Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities Packages from Vaio-Link.

These need to be extracted on your hard drive and run on your Vaio to reload all the Sony Utilities.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Tilli, please only post once as multiple posts not only waste helpers time but also lead to confusion.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat