Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-B1VP not 40GB!?

alok
Visitor

VGN-B1VP not 40GB!?

I received my Sony Notebook VGN-B1VP and was expecting to see it equpped with a 40GB hard drive, but when i checked, there were two hard drives, and one was a 13.9GB, and the other 16.3GB This only totals to 30.2GB and not 40. Please coukd somebody advise me as to whether this piece only has the wrong hard drive, or if there is a mass of misprints regarding the memory.

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Sorry, to rant on about this but I am passionate about the environment and know what I am talking about... ...I am a Senior Scientific Officer at DEFRA and hold a PhD in the effects of (mainly air) pollution on plant health.

Well cool Woody. I have done some environmental studies as part of my BSc Forensic Science Degree (which is ongoing) - one module being Environmental Damage which I passed with honours...

The other interesting thing is with thermosetting plastics they are almost impossible to destroy and not biodegradeable!

I totally agree with your logic on the recovery disks as well - Sony are bound to be more profit motivated - I do wonder if Sony have ISO 14001 certification...

TygerTyger
Visitor

Yeah James but a dog that size must make a pretty sizable contribution to air pollution itself. Guilty I say :smileygrin:.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah James but a dog that size must make a pretty sizable contribution to air pollution itself. Guilty I say :smileygrin:.

ROFL