Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-T1XP/L hard drive change

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stcragg73
Visitor

VGN-T1XP/L hard drive change

Hi,

Has anyone some advice on 'cracking-open' a Vaio VGN-T1 laptop?

I would like to replace the 30G hard drive and increase the memory while I have the case open - BUT - when I removed all the obvious case screws and began to ease the case apart, there was too much resistance and I don't want to break a very useful machine.

I want to be able to put the case back together - so can someone advise me as to how to spli the case and to suggest the location of a not very obvious screw or clip that is stopping my progress?

Many thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Steve,

It's not the easiest - you have to take off the hinge covers, keyboard and palmrest and there are several detentes (clips).

This should help!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Steve,

It's not the easiest - you have to take off the hinge covers, keyboard and palmrest and there are several detentes (clips).

This should help!!

stcragg73
Visitor

Many thanks Blencogo

The attached descriptive manual will reassure me as I take the case apart and return the laptop to more current spec.

Now I need to shop for an appropriate hard drive and a little more memory.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,

steve

TheoGB
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks to both of you for this. The PDF allowed me to remove my sadly broken hard drive from my 6 year old beast (actually, it's probably older as mine was a refurb from the Sony store when I bought it in 2005).

One thing is where to source a good replacement drive from? stcragg73 where did you get yours from? I've looked around and only ebay seems to have 1.8" ATA-100 drives but they seem pretty expensive.

Cheers

Theo