Join now - be part of our community!

VGNT1XP battery not operational

profile.country.en_GB.title
philbeav
Explorer

VGNT1XP battery not operational

I cannot get my VGNT1XP to run on battery power.  The system runs fine on mains power, but constantly shows 0% battery level and just says charging.  I have now tried two original Sony batteries, but the fault remains.  I have done an update to VAIO 4 and also selected default BIOS settings at the startup screen. Anyone have any ideas of what I can try next ?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like a poor or broken connection somewhere.  I'm sure you have already  cleaned the terminals on the Vaio?

You could try talking to one of Sony's Service Partners near you - there is a full list of UK Service Partners here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-T1XP_T

Alternatively, if you want to look inside yourself, send me an email address by PM and I will send you the disassembly instructions.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Just a thought.  It may be worth checking if ISBMgr.exe is installed on your Vaio.

This is Sony's Battery Utility.  See is you can find it in C:\Program Files\Sony.

Unfortunately, the Utility programs cannot be installed individually on older models and you would have to reinstall all utilities.  Do you have a file in C:\Utilitlis or C:\Utils?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
philbeav
Explorer

Many thanks for your response.  I would like to try and resolve this myself if possible, so I would appreciate it if you do have some disassembly instructions that you could share. My email address is xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx

I have also looked in the program files folder and there is a ISBMgr file there.

Best regards

Phil.

Message was edited by: Blencogo

To remove email address

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Phil,

Email sent.