Join now - be part of our community!

Vista upgrade on Vaio Vista website run by Modus Link

suneetjulka
Visitor

Vista upgrade on Vaio Vista website run by Modus Link

Hi...
I was trying to pre-order Windows Vista Home premium on the Sony Vaio Vista upgrade site managed by Modus Link and after entering the serial number/COA number etc got to the payment page and then it refreshed itself and said, "unexpected error". Went back to try again and it said "could not authorize COA number", anyone else had this problem? How do you get around this as apparently it can only be done online!?
Suneet.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Someone else said that the site is having technical problems and should be back on Monday

suneetjulka
Visitor

ok... thanks! I hope that when it is working again it will recognise my COA number

spookimon
Visitor

been trying to upgrade every day for the last 10 days get the same response you had every time, i guess it may be due to everyone trying to get the upgrade, v. frustrating.

johnboy11
Visitor

Hi, I had the same problem, emailed moduslink and they confirmed my order had been processed, even though I got the server error! So yours should be too. That's why the web site isn't accepting your COA number... it's already been processed I'd imagine. email them to be sure... the email link is at the bottom of the COA error page..

Good luck!

PS Anyone know the date Modus/Sony plan to ship the Vista upgrade DVD?

John

suneetjulka
Visitor

Apparently Modus Link are saying that if your session expired when you were placing the order then your COA number is locked and needs to be re-set so it doesn't mean that my order has been processed already

tuffnut
Visitor

Try calling 00800 666 44 666 with the problem. Its the number of the Vista Upgrade centre

suneetjulka
Visitor

got it sorted now... thanks