Join now - be part of our community!

VPCSE2F1E/S Problem with windows 8 Graphic drivers and webcam

profile.country.sk_SK.title
walerw
New

VPCSE2F1E/S Problem with windows 8 Graphic drivers and webcam

Hi I have a problem with my VPCSE2F1E, There are no Graphic drivers for switching between these two graphic card and my webcam is not found I reinstall drivers but still remains as unknown device. Does anybody have same problem ? Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi walerw.

You have installed Windows 8 before the required drivers are made available by Sony.  These are on the way.

The webcam needs a Firmware upgrade to work with Windows 8.  This is already available for other VPCS Vaios here in Europe: -

Camera FW (Ricoh)  - 0733.120926

Switchable graphics drivers are on the way.  I see these are already available on the Sony USA website for the VPCSE16FX: -

AMD Radeon™ HD 6470M / 6630M and Intel® HD Graphics Update

Unfortunately, you will need to wait a little longer for these to be available for your model.

:thinking:

walerw
New

Hi, I download the firmware for webcam, I get error message it failed in enumeration of the device.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You have obviously tried to install a firmware upgrade that does not apply to your model and are very lucky that Sony put in safeguards to prevent you from trashing your camera.

As pointed out by Blencogo you will need to wait until the necessary drivers, utilities and any firmware upgrades are available for your model.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
walerw
New

When I have upgraded to Windows 8 camera worked, now it doesn't work.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Ok, in that case there is a possibility that the camera has developed a fault or more likely that a Windows update has caused the problem.

Have you tried a system restore back to a date when the camera was working?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
walerw
New

No, because i don't know when it stopped working, should I wait for firmware update from Sony ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony support your model for an upgrade to Windows 8 and you can download the Sony Windows Upgrade Kit from here: -

https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/sony/windows8/EU/index_welcome.aspx

You will need to follow the instructions provided.

:thinking:

walerw
New

I followed the instructions you mentioned before i asked this question, problem remains.

profile.country.IT.title
volpix
Explorer

nobody is able to solve this issue