Join now - be part of our community!

Whats wrong with my Screen? And Hardrive? Blurry and Noisy!

Spinstorm
Visitor

Whats wrong with my Screen? And Hardrive? Blurry and Noisy!

I have 3 problems:

firstly, a clicking noise which is NOT normal has been coming intermitendly from the hard disk, I have read on the viao-link forums it is a faulty harddisk and harddisk connector. I reported it the first time it happened shortly after I bought the laptop so you should have it on your records.

Second, from time to time the screen becomes blurred upon startup as if there is a loose connection. It is a similar effect to when you press against a calculator LCD screen - although I have never pressed against the laptop screen or ever placed any objects ontop of it since I have had it, so I am at a loss as to what is causing it. Again it is intermitant.

The last problem I have is that the "Paint" on the volume up shortcut button has come off, I did not scratch it or touch it I simple noticed yesterday that the paint fell off almost as if it was not properly afixed to the button originally when the laptop was contructed.

The above problems with the screen and harddrive are both intermittant and do not occur everytime. There is never any error message and it does not occur at any specific time with the hard disk issue, though the screen issue only occurs at startup and is resolved by restarting the laptop again.

Are these all issues that should be fixed by Sony support? Anyone have similar problems? I have a VGN-FE11S laptop which was purchased on 28th Feb last year. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Spinstorm,

These are all known problems.

PHONE Vaio-Link HERE tomorrow and ask them to repair your Vaio's faults before your warranty runs out at the end of the month.

:triumph:

Spinstorm
Visitor

Thanks for the prompt response.

May I ask for more information on what is exactly the cause of these problems so when I phone them I know what to tell them! thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Spinstorm,

The clicking hard disc is very well documented - I would mention this but I don't know if Sony will do anything about it.

We have had half a dozen posts on the screen issue. It usually looks like the screen is being pressed with a finger. This sometimes looks like white dots and sometimes coloured but generally makes the screen look out of focus.

Several members have has the paint come off their buttons - Sony will probably say it is wear and tear but those who have stuck to their guns have had the keys replaced.

It is important that you register the screen problem with Sony before your warranty expires, even if they don't chose to fix it now it will give you some protection if the screen gets worse in the future.

:wink: