Join now - be part of our community!

wifi networking

dzgizmo
Visitor

wifi networking

Hi,
can any one recommend a wireless network package? I am due to go broadband with NTL
I have a Sony vaio PCG -K115s which has integral LAN.
What else should I buy?
Thanks Darren

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Ah, OK.

A lot people has slower ISDN the connection here. (64Kbit or 128Kbit with both channels) That cost more and is much slower. But a lot people has changed to ADSL since the last year.

My brother had a old DSL connection with 768Kbit. It was upgraded last year automatically.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

My friend's company uses dual ISDN too.

ISDN is sort of obsolete now...

seb21__
Visitor

Yes, the good thing is that you can connect a lot telephones with own numbers.

mvanwambeke
Visitor

shame my avatar is not readable but the speed is significant between cable and ADSL.
When downloading I get to speeds of 1.2 Mbytes per second

It so that there are cheaper alternatives in ADSL, but the price war in Belgium still has to start

seb21__
Visitor

When downloading I get to speeds of 1.2 Mbytes per second

WOW, that's fast.:smileyshocked:

It so that there are cheaper alternatives in ADSL, but the price war in Belgium still has to start

The price war has started here last year. But I think it gives to much providers here, since it gives ADSL. And the owner of the connections is the german TELEKOM to 99%. So it's really important which provide you select. Because there are a lot differents.

For example if you need own Webspace or a own Domain. You would gotten a own Domain from nearly all providers here. But maybe only 10Megabytes Webspace and by a other Provider maybe 100MB or more.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The price war is alive and kicking in this country (UK), there's so many ADSL providers now, and with the LLU system, there will be more. LLU means they can cut out BT and offer it independantly.