Join now - be part of our community!

Windows OS Driver Compatibility for 7 and above - VGN-FE11S

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Windows OS Driver Compatibility for 7 and above - VGN-FE11S

Dear Forum Users,

I was wondering whether you could tell me which drivers I should be using for a VGN-FE11S on Windows 7 and above, I can find drivers for XP and Vista using the Sony pages but not for Windows 7 and above. I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate x86 SP2 installed and would like to be prepared for the next Windows OS migration in April 2017 as Microsoft will be discontinuing support for this OS after this period, am I safe to either use the Windows XP or Vista drivers from the Sony pages and to configure them using Compatibilty mode or am I best using the drivers that Microsoft supply me through Windows/Microsoft Update? I intend to do a clean install and not an upgrade to ensure there are no compatibilty issues, I did a clean install in order to upgrade from Windows XP that came with the laptop in order to install Windows Vista and haven't upgraded any hardware in the laptop since I bought it in 2006 from Comet. Also if anyone has had any issues with configuring the Windows XP and Vista drivers to work with Windows 7 and above for a VGN-FE11S and found ways of getting them to work with Windows 7 and above, please could you instruct me on how to get these drivers to work with Windows 7 and above. Your help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Timbuctoo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Update

A mixture of the Windows XP and Windows Vista drivers were required for all devices to be recognised properly.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Update

A mixture of the Windows XP and Windows Vista drivers were required for all devices to be recognised properly.

Regards,

RocknRollTim