Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Mouse with A297XP

induct
Visitor

Wireless Mouse with A297XP

Hi,

My notebook came with the Vaio wireless mouse (PCGA-WMS5). But previously I used the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer for my old pc, which is much more comfortable.

Is there any way to make my notebook work with my old Microsoft mouse rather than the supplied Vaio mouse using the notebook's built-in mouse receiver and not the USB dongle?

3 REPLIES 3
for_sean
Visitor

hi.

did you solve your problem or do you still have to use the mouse that came with the computer? Reason i ask is because i have a a197vp that didnt come with a mouse and i am interested to know if it is possible to get other ones to work with it. Also if you have got it working are you interested in selling your vaio mouse?

Seán

induct
Visitor

I gave up trying to connect, but I'll give it another try sometime. Does your A197vp have a connect button under your laptop in the near right-hand corner? Thats how the Vaio mouse connects.

for_sean
Visitor

hi.

i've since found out that the a197vp is not compatible with the wireless mouse, (ah well) it doesnt have the button underneath to connect, just a blank where one would be fitted. Stuck with my microsoft optical for the time being then.

Thanks.

Seán