Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Network connection

chocolate
Visitor

Wireless Network connection

Bought a new Sony VAIO which is wireless. Please anyone help.... coming up as Wireless Network connection Not connected. Do i need to use a usb flash drive to set up this network or is it done automatically through your computer. Thanks in advance,sorry if it doesn't make sense.

5 REPLIES 5
jay_gob
Visitor

Bought a new Sony VAIO which is wireless. Please anyone help.... coming up as Wireless Network connection Not connected. Do i need to use a usb flash drive to set up this network or is it done automatically through your computer. Thanks in advance,sorry if it doesn't make sense.

Hi chocolate your post is a bit vague but I'll try to help you. What Vaio laptop are you using & what is the brand of your wireless router?

Have you switched your 'Wireless LAN' button (Usually on the front of your Vaio) to on as it is by default switched off.

Is there any security on your wireless network?

You shouldn't have to use a USB flash drive to connect to your wireless network. Click 'My Computer' ---- 'My Network Places' ---- 'View Network Connections'. There should now be a wireless network icon which you double click & should show your wireless network (usually the brand of your w/r e.g. netgear_dg34guk). Click connect, wait a few seconds & that should do it.

Hope this helps?

chocolate
Visitor

Hi jay_gob thanks for the reply but still no luck iv'e tried evrything and i get as far as put your network key in but don't know where this is i know it is something simple but i'm baffled,thanks again chocolate

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

We really need to know the make and the model of the wireless router you are trying to connect to.

They are all a little different!!

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

See more recent thread here
:smileygrin:

zayyad
Visitor

i had the same problem but i contacted my broadband provider (orange) and they guided me through the whole process.