Join now - be part of our community!

XP and Wireless Switch Utiliity

alfetto
Visitor

XP and Wireless Switch Utiliity

Hi, I have some problems with mi Vaio Fe41s, I uninstall vista, I install xp. After I cant use wi-fi.. I cant install Wireless Switch Utility becuase dont work.. the installation file dont work...

Someone can help me? :thinking:

2 REPLIES 2
markk0
Visitor

Hi, you posted this is the Italian language section of this forum.

I believe that you will have a better luck to have somebody answer you into the English language section.

Edit: Thread moved.. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi alfetto,

As your machine came pre-installed with Vista I am not sure whether you will be able to get the wireless switch setting utility working under XP.

However with the correct XP wireless LAN drivers the XP operating system can handle your wireless connection without any Sony utility as long as the Microsoft ‘Wireless Zero Configuration’ utility is enabled and started (default startup should be ‘Automatic’). Click Start > Run and type Services.msc in the ‘Open’ dialogue box and click OK to access Services.

As it would seem that there are no XP wireless LAN drivers available for your model I suggest that you try downloading and installing the pre-installed drivers for a model such as the FE31M.

IMPORTANT - You must make sure that this has the same Wireless LAN card as your model – this can be checked via Device Manager.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat