Join now - be part of our community!

Charging issues and PC not recognising NSZ-W273S

SOLVED

Charging issues and PC not recognising NSZ-W273S

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the waterproof mp3 player?  

I have had mine a grand total of 3 weeks and today it's decided to stop charging and is not being recognised properly by my PC regardless which USB port its put in 😞  I work in IT so not a newbie to the Device Manager, driver situ.  

Tried the Sony Chat support who just directed me to the articles I'd been trawling all day.  Then, was told to email service and repair and so far the page has been loading after hitting send for approx 15 mins now so I don't even know if that's gone.  Whilst registering, the form completion message was even half off the page!

Loved this product but now, unexpected failure of the product, basic level support and a questionable website have started to taint my experience :slight_frown:

Any advice from anyone suffering a similar fate would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks

Charlie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just come across a potential solution to your problem that you may be experiencing.

Problem:

Device does not power-on, does not charge or is not detected when connected to PC via USB.

Solution:

The battery pack’s terminals may be dirty. The no power issue may be a result of the battery not charging.  It is advised that you clean the terminals with a soft bristle toothbrush

Hope this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just come across a potential solution to your problem that you may be experiencing.

Problem:

Device does not power-on, does not charge or is not detected when connected to PC via USB.

Solution:

The battery pack’s terminals may be dirty. The no power issue may be a result of the battery not charging.  It is advised that you clean the terminals with a soft bristle toothbrush

Hope this helps.

Cheers

johnnyzap

i did this cleaned it all wth servisol contact cleaner and a tooth brush worked for a day then powered down n died again,,sony support have been useless like a lot of people have commented..glad yours is working !

carolinelynn
Explorer

did this still not working!!!

johnnyzap

hi again i seem to have remedied my issue again i did multiple things

i used a pencil to push the hidden arm on the cradle which when pushed in exposes the metal arms which raise to come into contact with the metal strip on the earphone which says 'sony' on

when the metal contacts pop up from the cradle i sprayed with servisol contact cleaner (available on ebay £4.50 or so) and brushed the metal contacts with a toothbrush  and really gave the unit a good dowsing with the servisol cleaner,i then left it for 30 minutes to let the contact cleaner dissapate

i also sprayed the headphone part and cleaned it again with a toothbrush  and a cotton bud dowsed in alcohol i noticed there was a build up of gunk on it so thought maybe this was causing a bad contact so kept scrubbing til it was perfectly clean

after doing this i plugged the usb and repeatedly pushed and pulled off the 'sony' headphone on/off the cradle then left it for a minute plugged in and it actually lit up and it showed up in 'my computer' too!! there i reinstalled the software and followed the instructions closely i installed media go software as well

since i have done this it has worked fine.i do find i have to push the usb in and out several time sometimes,

i have made a copy of all the files and will gladly send you them if you email me, this goes for anyone else having this annoying issue and wants to try reinstall the original files that comes built into the device which unfortunately you cant access as its no recognised..very frustraing.

email me at      johnsapcote@yahoo.co.uk        and i will send you the files