Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

profile.country.en_GB.title
skimpychimpy
Visitor

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

Hi,

I just tried putting in my serial number and product ID number into the checker on the Support site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SGPT121GB_S/news/Xperia_S_series_notice2

But all the page does is refresh when I click Submit. Has anyone had any luck with finiding out if theirs needs replaced? My bezel at the back is definitely bent out of shape (beside the dock cover) but just want to check if it is going to be covered by the program.

Cheers,

Tim

60 REPLIES 60
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tim.

Looks like a website problem and it is not recognising the numbers you put in.

I'll notify Sony.

:thinking:

tramman77
Visitor

Tried earlier and exactly same issue. Will try again tomorrow.

paulell45
Explorer

Hi,

I entered the model and serial number for my tablet and it is one that if affected. I called Sony Support, as instructed at about 17.50, was placed in a queue, and was cut off at 18.05 because they close at 6pm! Online once it's confirmed you have a faulty tablet the text suggests that it has to be returned for a repair. As I also have a wifi problem with the tablet which has not been fixed with the October software update I was rather hoping for a replacement.

skimpychimpy
Visitor

I still can't seem to get anywhere with it, the page just resets when I click submit so still can't get through to anything. Hmmm...

However, if it does come up saying I need to say I need to send it away for repair it wont be happening until I have a replacement, either permanent or temporary. This is an issue which has been caused by faulty manufacturing, not my wrong doing, so if they want to rectify it, they can replace me tablet while they fix the fault.

paulell45
Explorer

Are you sure you're entering the correct serial number hidden away under the memory card cover? I put it in incorrectly the first time and had the same issue.

I've requested a Sony callback so will post what they say. I doubt repair is an option and it would be good if they sent a replacement out first to minimise the hassle.

skimpychimpy
Visitor

Yeah - definitely putting it in right but just refreshes the page.

This is rubbish...they can't even get their systems for fixing the bloody thing right!

What happened to Sony...

tramman77
Visitor

Well website seems to be working now, and yes I have one affected by the fault. Tried to phone Sony this morning 0870 240 2408 as required and was then asked to enter 15 digit serial number,when I did this I was told by the automated system my tablet wasn't within warranty and to phone the premium number....Not Impressed...

tramman77
Visitor

RESULT.......After a bit of chasing around finally found the telephone number for head office 01932 816000 and asked for "Vaio Customer Relations". Annoyingly it has to be repaired so planning on removing memory card and factory resetting. Would of hoped Sony would offer a brand new replacement due to the inconvenience caused and a least some kind of goodwill gesture. Anyway collection arranged for tomorrow and will take upto 5 days depending on parts been available.

paulell45
Explorer

Did you try arguing that it was inconvienient to return it and request a replacement? Presumably as our Tablets are new we could argue that with the fault they are not fit for purpose and get a refund. I really don't want to be without mine for a week and have not faith in a botched repair.

On collections, Sony we're supposed to arrange the pick up of a case for the Tablet yesterday from me - their computer system managed to order two for me not one, and charge me for both. There was no collection and the courier's website says that no one was in for collection and they left a card. Neither are true! I'm getting increasingly fed up with very poor customer service.