Join now - be part of our community!

Apps that have been transfered to SD card now don't run.

SOLVED
Jayturnbull83
Visitor

Apps that have been transfered to SD card now don't run.

After updating the operating software last week any apps that have since been transfered to the SD card are not found after a reset or a long time being idle.

All apps that had been transferred before the update work fine.

Have tried downloading the app again and moving to SD card again but same issue happens. 

This has also happened with apps that had worked before, then moved back to internal storage after they have updated and then moved back to SD card.

Is this a Glitch with the latest operating software?? 

Some where moved individually and some via the Transfer option.

15 REPLIES 15
Christofer
Champion

@Jayturnbull83 Which version of the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact is it that you have? LTE or Wi-Fi only?

Jayturnbull83
Visitor

@Christofer it's the LTE version but using it without a SIM card.
Jayturnbull83
Visitor

Updated my phone (a xperia z3 compact) to the same software version and do not have this same problem.

Photos that get transfered don't have the issue, only apps. Any ideas?

Only thing I haven't tried is to format the SD card and start again which I would prefer not to do unless I really have to.
Christofer
Champion

Would it be possible for you to try the SD card in your phone and see if apps moved from your phone behaves the same way? Other than that I'm afraid that formatting the SD card would be my next suggestion.

Jayturnbull83
Visitor

@Christofer the test works turns out it is the SD card after all that has become corrupt. I'll be buying a new one today as can't format this one.

Thanks for you help.

Christofer
Champion

Glad to hear that you were able to find the cause. Sorry about your SD card though.

Thanks for letting me know.