Join now - be part of our community!

Bright green flashing light from Tablet

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
superbadger
Visitor

Bright green flashing light from Tablet

my Sony Tablet S has a flashing a bright, green, circular light/LED, which emanates from beneath the plastic underneath the power button. It is NOT the tiny, battery charge indicator/LED to the left of the power button. This LED/light source does not have a lens/window/hole for it, it is simply mounted beneath the recessed, cream-colored plastic in the "elbow" of the tablet's circular fold. It is in the same relative panel location as the headphone jack, but on the opposite end panel.

This light is not mentioned in Sony's Support Center nor the downloadable PDF Help Guide on the numbered Parts and Controls diagram.

The light is so bright that when it comes on it wakes me up at night! What is this light for and how can I switch it off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

superbadger wrote:

The light is so bright that when it comes on it wakes me up at night! What is this light for and how can I switch it off?

jostone89 wrote:

I want to keep email notifications on in the task bar but just stop the green led from flashing.... anybody know how to stop it ?

Hi,

you could if you wish download LightFlow Lite from the Android App store, currently free, which allows you to disable the light but leave the sound notification until you enable again..

Or

alternatively in Sleep settings you can stop the notification light from flashing between the hours you have set for sleep..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
blagard
Visitor

I too would like a solution for this one, it should be possible to turn this off, currently I'm turning wifi off at night.

reg6ft3
Explorer

This also annoyed the hell out of me till i switched off the notifications for e-mails

I went to e-mail settings, notification settings and unticked notify in system bar when e-mails arrive.

superbadger
Visitor

reg6ft3.... thanks I have flagged this as the correct answer as it sounds like this could well be the answer. I am unable to check it out myself at the moment. My sony tablet charger has gone on the blink... I was hoping to buy a 2nd charger as a temporary solution as then I would have a charger at work too in the future... however doesn't seem to be available on the web... even in the sony shop :slight_frown: So going to have to brave the sony support / repair line.

It would appear Sony went to a lot of trouble to include this bright blinking light.... but the first time you get woken up by it in the middle of the night... it doesn't make you very happy!! esp. as then you can find no info on it in the sony documentation.

dgwilliams34
Visitor

My tablet occaisionally has a flashing red light in the same place - should

I be worried?

reg6ft3
Explorer

Hi dgwilliams34,

The red light flashing is indicating the battery is about to run out.

Nothing to worry about mate.

dgwilliams34
Visitor

Thanks for answer - but both times the tablet was fixed to the power supply.

jostone89
Explorer

I agree, this LED is way too bright and makes it impossible to have the tablet in the same room as you when trying to sleep.

I want to keep email notifications on in the task bar but just stop the green led from flashing.... anybody know how to stop it ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

superbadger wrote:

jostone89 wrote:

Hi,

you could if you wish download LightFlow Lite from the Android App store, currently free, which allows you to disable the light but leave the sound notification until you enable again..

Or

alternatively in Sleep settings you can stop the notification light from flashing between the hours you have set for sleep..