Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot connect to any wifi

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Rascjp
Visitor

Cannot connect to any wifi

I have just received the sony tablet s and I am unable to connect to any wifi at all. When trying to connect it says it is "obtaining an IP address", however after a while it cuts of says "it is not in range" even if I am standing next to the wifi. I have tried obtaining a static address, but this fails at the gateway stage (with wifi checker) even though I have set the correct default gateway. I have tried 2 different routers and at public wifi hotspots.

I have read that this is an issue with android 3.1 and that I need to update to 3.2. Unfortunately I cannot because I cannot connect to any wifi.

My question is this. Is there any way I can download the update to my computer and then transfer it to the tablet? If this is impossible does anyone have any other suggestions to help resolve my problem?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

Hi Rascjp,

Did you try to turn off any encryption on your router at home? With Android 3.1, there were some issues about that subject :thinking: So, if you can, try to -temporarly- turn off any security on your network, connect the tablet, let the upgrade happen and turn your security back on and restart both, router and tablet.

You'll have to reconfigure your home network on the tablet as the security parameters will have changed...

Hope it helps :wink:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

Hi Rascjp,

Did you try to turn off any encryption on your router at home? With Android 3.1, there were some issues about that subject :thinking: So, if you can, try to -temporarly- turn off any security on your network, connect the tablet, let the upgrade happen and turn your security back on and restart both, router and tablet.

You'll have to reconfigure your home network on the tablet as the security parameters will have changed...

Hope it helps :wink:

Rascjp
Visitor

Thank you so much. I have managed to connect through static ip and am downloading the update.

descb600f
Visitor

Sorry to hijack this thread but I seem unable to start a thread.

My Tablet does not see my KDL-46W5500 on the network when I search for DLNA devices.

It has the latest firmware version and the website says it is a DLNA device.

jamwong48
Visitor

Hi - I had this problem with both of my tablets - I found that forcing a factory reset seemed to solve the problem and it found my router straight away.

IanIreland
New

Does a factory reset loose all the apps you have loaded?