Join now - be part of our community!

Closing application on the Tablet S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
courtneyg
Visitor

Closing application on the Tablet S

How do you close applications down properly on the Tablet S. I seem to have loads running and they never close down.  Surely this can't be good for battery? App killers don't seem to work either.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi courtneyg,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As you have noticed Android places an app that you've 'closed' into a queue so that you can jump back to a previously used app without the need to launch it again.

If you want to close these apps then can download another app to do this or you can do the task manually..

To Manually close launch Settings (found via Apps top right)

Touch Applications, then touch Manage Applications, then on the right you should see a list of running applications..

Touch the application you wish to close & touch Force Stop..

However unless you having a issue I wouldn't bother as the Android operating system is supposed to manage applications in the background by either closing those not needed or placing them into a idle state..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi courtneyg,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As you have noticed Android places an app that you've 'closed' into a queue so that you can jump back to a previously used app without the need to launch it again.

If you want to close these apps then can download another app to do this or you can do the task manually..

To Manually close launch Settings (found via Apps top right)

Touch Applications, then touch Manage Applications, then on the right you should see a list of running applications..

Touch the application you wish to close & touch Force Stop..

However unless you having a issue I wouldn't bother as the Android operating system is supposed to manage applications in the background by either closing those not needed or placing them into a idle state..

which_enduro
New

when the android 4 (ics) update arrives, this will bring an easy way to close apps by simply swiping them to the side in the the task list

smellyonion
New

I would suggest not bothering with closing apps, their not really running in the background, it is more a list of recent apps, some still open and some closed. the tablet will close apps when it needs to for the ram.