Join now - be part of our community!

Connected Wifi Name not displayed correctly

SOLVED
Prasadm1
Visitor

Connected Wifi Name not displayed correctly

I have the Xperia Tablet Z SGP311. I got the 4.2.2 update through PC companion in UK. However, I saw 2 major problems. One, the "back" button (of the back, home, history group at the bottom bar) is on the middle now instead of on the side making it difficult to go back with one finger while holding the tablet. I suppose I have to get used to it..

Second, which is a more annoying bug, in the drop down panel at the top, the Wifi connection name is visible only when the notification panel has only one line displayed. When 2 lines are displayed, and the wifi name is cutoff in half with only the bottom half of the name visible, 3 or more it is not displayed at all. I am unable to take a screenshot to show this as when I hit the power button for screenshot, the dropdown panel disappears. It is as if the panel somehow is displayed on top of the name ( which is why the top half of the name is invisible, although all of it is part of the drop down panel).. Anyone has any suggestions to correct this ?

Also is there a way to downgrade the software from 4.2.2 to 4.1.2 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

I just got information that the problem with SSID not being displayed is planned to be fixed in upcoming updates but i don't have any information on when it will be changed.

We have forwarded feedback regarding the buttons but as this is what Android 4.2 looks like i don't know if that will be changed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rickard
Master

Not sure why buttons are moved to the middle in Android 4.2 but there's no settings to move them.

When you have more then one notification it does indeed cover the SSID of the network you're connected to. I will forward this as feedback.

It's not possible to downgrade the tablet.

Prasadm1
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did some digging around in internet and got the information that Google has permanently removed the Tablet UI from 4.2 onwards ( source XDA forum). Not sure if this is true, but apparently in 4.3 also it is similar. So then question is, if Sony has their own UI, isn't it possible for Sony to bring it back to how it was before ?

Hope you can fix the SSID issue and let us have another update soon to fix it..

Rickard
Master

I just got information that the problem with SSID not being displayed is planned to be fixed in upcoming updates but i don't have any information on when it will be changed.

We have forwarded feedback regarding the buttons but as this is what Android 4.2 looks like i don't know if that will be changed.