Join now - be part of our community!

Is Sony about to launch a Z4 tablet replacement?

SOLVED
kambomambo
Explorer

Is Sony about to launch a Z4 tablet replacement?

Hi there. I've been thinking about buying a Z4 tablet - basically so that I can use it in the bath. I've held off on the purchase as I was waiting to see if a newer model was going to be launched at Mobile World Congress. From what I can see, there was no announcement for a new tablet, however I have read that the Z4 will soon have an Android operating system upgrade.

It looks, therefore, like a new tablet is not due soon, so basically I was just wondering if I should I just go and buy a Z4 now? Anyone have any advice?

Many thanks.

Mambo

PS I appreciate that this isn't a tech support question - but I could do with some guidance. Thanks again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Mambo

The Z4 its a great tablet, there's no info on a new tablet at the moment, if you want a smaller tablet you can get the Z3 Tablet compact, it will get Marshmallow as well. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Mambo

The Z4 its a great tablet, there's no info on a new tablet at the moment, if you want a smaller tablet you can get the Z3 Tablet compact, it will get Marshmallow as well. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I'll second that, having had quite a few tablets over the years, z4 outclasses the lot and is the first tablet that has fully replaced my laptop.
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Mambo,

Welcome to the community.

If it helps you make your decision, we haven't heard anything internally about a new tablet internally yet. Whether or not that means something is on the horizon is unknown, but at the very least, it will mean any new tablet it a while away.

kambomambo
Explorer

Thanks for this. I had a look at the Z3 after your message. Was very tempted - and then I remembered the benefit of the keyboard and PC aspects of the larger Z4. Thanks again!

kambomambo
Explorer

Thanks for this - really helpful. I'm gonna get one!!! Slightly_smiling_Face

kambomambo
Explorer

Thanks for that. Your message and the other two endorsements were just what I needed. Went onto Amazon today but sadly they're currently out of stock, but have ordered one for when they're back in! Thanks again!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Mambo

Awesome, if you have any questions you know where to come

profile.country.IT.title
ellebubi
Explorer

My perception is the cpu powerhouse Slightly_smiling_Face of the Z4 is still underexploited with the current android software.

I think we should at least wait for a stable marshmallow release (6.1, probably) to see z4's full power, full speed and enjoy better battery life, being the latter now good with stamina mode on and not exceptional without it.

I am sure at that stage we will see Sony announcing a new product, which, I am sure, is already under development.

After all, why should they promote internal competition when having a product up-to-date for months to come? Unless, say, Samsung starts to sell something slightly better at half the price Nauseated_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Tbh the Z4 kicks any Samsung tablet,