Join now - be part of our community!

Is Sony about to launch a Z4 tablet replacement?

SOLVED
kambomambo
Explorer

Is Sony about to launch a Z4 tablet replacement?

Hi there. I've been thinking about buying a Z4 tablet - basically so that I can use it in the bath. I've held off on the purchase as I was waiting to see if a newer model was going to be launched at Mobile World Congress. From what I can see, there was no announcement for a new tablet, however I have read that the Z4 will soon have an Android operating system upgrade.

It looks, therefore, like a new tablet is not due soon, so basically I was just wondering if I should I just go and buy a Z4 now? Anyone have any advice?

Many thanks.

Mambo

PS I appreciate that this isn't a tech support question - but I could do with some guidance. Thanks again.

13 REPLIES 13
Partha1b
Visitor

@Mambo wrote:

Thanks for that. Your message and the other two endorsements were just what I needed. Went onto Amazon today but sadly they're currently out of stock, but have ordered one for when they're back in! Thanks again!

Where are looking on Amazon? According to this, the delivery is between March 4th and 9th?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Xperia-10-1-Inch-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B00YR1JHK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&...

kambomambo
Explorer

Hi there Partha 1b. Excuse slow response. I was looking at Amazon UK...and there was no date for stock on there at all. I didn't have the patience to wait, so I went online to currys.co.uk just a few minutes before getting your message to order one. Just arrived today. Will set it up shortly...and am already looking forward to having a bath with it tomorrow night...although I have to admit I still feel a little apprehensive about taking it in there!!

Danp
Visitor

It'll be fine! Used mine in the bath loads and no issues.

It is a great tablet (apart from the shockingly quiet headphone output) no doubt however Sony's support has been pretty poor and I would be surprised if this is the last software update we get given we've been stuck on the same software for nearly a year....

profile.country.IT.title
ellebubi
Explorer

A little OT: I am glad I am not the only one to notice the absolutely low headphones output volume. Please Sony do something. It is not difficult. Otherwise, allow third parties to have their apps working on Sony Android based devices (I am actually referring to Replay Gain or other volume boosters) Skull