Join now - be part of our community!

Only password when power on

SOLVED
PerMag
Visitor

Only password when power on

I have activated Xperia on my tablet, because I would like to erase it if I lose it. I have, however, the need to start-up my tablet without Internet, but that is impossible because I have to sign in with the google account.

How can I keep the Xperia activation and only use my password when I power up the tablet?

######

I just had a three weeks’ holiday in the mountain – no Internet. When I powered up my Xperia I got the message:

“Protected

You need network connectivity to authenticate.”

Therefore, I was without my Sony tablet for three weeks, I did not like it at all.

######

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PerMag
Visitor

Yes, I think you are correct, I’ll turn off the Sony protection. Well, I can use Google Android Device Manager instead.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PerMag

I don't quite understand, could you elaborate?

PerMag
Visitor

When I power up the tablet, I have to logon with the google account I have registered in Xperia activation. If there are no Internet connection available, I am unable to use my tablet.

If I deactivate “Xperia activation” I can logon to my tablet with just the password.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PerMag

Does your tablet has a pin lock or pattern lock?

PerMag
Visitor

This is the tablet forum, but I suppose it is the same with the phone.

I use a pin-code.

PerMag
Visitor

I just had a three weeks’ holiday in the mountain – no Internet. When I powered up my Xperia I got the message:

“Protected

You need network connectivity to authenticate.”

Therefore, I was without my Sony tablet for three weeks, I did not like it at all.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PerMag

You could contact Sony directly but it seems that you might have to disable MyXperia whenever you won't have data/WiFi, keep in mind that MyXperia won't work unless 

The device it's on

GPS on

WiFi or Data on

MyXperia enabled 

Your Gmail account on the device 

PerMag
Visitor

Yes, I think you are correct, I’ll turn off the Sony protection. Well, I can use Google Android Device Manager instead.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PerMag

Indeed you can, as long as the phone meet the same requirements as above. 

PerMag
Visitor

When I took a closer look, I think I will go for Device Manager on all my devices instead of Sony’s protection. Actually, I cannot see why Sony has developed a (poor) copy of this app.

#######################################

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend.

Inside of a dog it is too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

#######################################