Join now - be part of our community!

NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL ON XPERIA 1

SOLVED
ThaReality
Visitor

NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL ON XPERIA 1

Spoiler

I received mine on the 30th, Thursday from O2. Delivered by DPD.

I copied data from y XZ Premium, (btw that feature is AMAZING) All my apps, including Google accounts, WIFI & bluetooth settings synchronized successfully. 

Battery life appeared to be OKAY, I've tested all functionalities and that vibration feature for games and videos is EFFING A!

MY BIGGEST GRIPE? NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL. I decided to clear Play store cache and data and try again, NO LUCK. I then reluctantly wiped phone through a factory restore, STILL NO LUCK.

I called O2 following day and complained I might have a faulty device with a software issue. By Monday today, around 9.30 a replacement was sent and swapped with my old Xperia 1.

I went through the motions again, and to my SURPRISE... NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL AGAIN.

It's pretty clear, this is affecting the PHONE only and it's something SONY needs to resolve or the Netflix app developers, whoever is responsible.

I'm sure all users of the XPERIA 1 will be affected, if they haven't tried installing NETFLIX yet.

23 REPLIES 23
hustling01
Visitor

Hi mate i had same issue but its easy to fix go apps and notifications and find netflice and disable it then go to play store and it will say update netflix then it will install. I have netflix. Its not a faulty phone.

Pengaltiger
Visitor

That worked for me. Thanks.

Sgs747
Visitor

Had the same problem and this worked for me. After wasting hours looking for solutions!

Ia24n
Visitor

Hi

Its an app issue. Had same problem. Its because you transferred stuff from old phone and I believe old Netflix settings will not work on new phone. All you have to do is go to app. Uninstall all updates. This restores to factory setting for Netflix. Then go and update app in Play Storte. It will load correctly this time from Google Play Store. Will work perfect after that. 

Ia24n
Visitor

Uninstall all Netflix updates. Go back into play store and reinstall. This will download correct settings for Android 9. Will then work perfect. Had same issue. It's because you transfrred old settings and apps over from old phone

Scart67
Visitor

I had this problem. I've followed the fix and I can now get into Netflix via the Playstore, however I still have no icon on my screen. 

Any ideas? 

vosne
Visitor

thanks guys..it's working now!

Flower_12345421
Visitor

I had the same issue, this fix worked perfectly for me 👍👍👍

Damage1865
Visitor

This solution has worked for my Sony Xperia thanks for the solution

swePeso
Visitor

The same problem has arisen on Xperia 5.
Tried to fix mentioned before; deactivate, uninstall updates, clear the cache and update through Play Store. No luck.

Getting error "-1001" when open Netflix app.