Join now - be part of our community!

NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL ON XPERIA 1

SOLVED
ThaReality
Visitor

NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL ON XPERIA 1

Spoiler

I received mine on the 30th, Thursday from O2. Delivered by DPD.

I copied data from y XZ Premium, (btw that feature is AMAZING) All my apps, including Google accounts, WIFI & bluetooth settings synchronized successfully. 

Battery life appeared to be OKAY, I've tested all functionalities and that vibration feature for games and videos is EFFING A!

MY BIGGEST GRIPE? NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL. I decided to clear Play store cache and data and try again, NO LUCK. I then reluctantly wiped phone through a factory restore, STILL NO LUCK.

I called O2 following day and complained I might have a faulty device with a software issue. By Monday today, around 9.30 a replacement was sent and swapped with my old Xperia 1.

I went through the motions again, and to my SURPRISE... NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL AGAIN.

It's pretty clear, this is affecting the PHONE only and it's something SONY needs to resolve or the Netflix app developers, whoever is responsible.

I'm sure all users of the XPERIA 1 will be affected, if they haven't tried installing NETFLIX yet.

23 REPLIES 23
The_Halifax_Hob
Visitor

THANK YOU!!!! I will love you forever and i am in your debt!!!

@Viridis wrote:

Can you go into settings, apps, show all apps and:

1. Is Netflix present?

2. Does Netflix have a "disable" button 

If so press the three dots top right and select "uninstall updates"

Once complete please open Netflix (you just made it visible)

When prompted, update the app in play store.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Strange

On my ZX3 I had the same strange unwillingness of Netflix.

Never found a workaround.

On Xperia 1 it works like a charm.

Phyllisruiz
Visitor

I have the same problem with you, but now I have fixed it, thank you

Christineshaw
Visitor

Thank you so much, I found a solution that installs netflix apk techbigs on my phone