Join now - be part of our community!

new xperia 1 need to be repaired again and again

SOLVED
kelvinyang
Visitor

new xperia 1 need to be repaired again and again

i bought the xperia 1 at the very first online booking. after 2 weeks of use, the finger print is damaged by itself. it looks like the suface of the fingerprint button change the color to dark gray, like it is burned. 

The custom service changed it in Hongkong. it tooks around 1-2 weeks to repair that. The second time,  the xperia is always restarted by it self. I reset the phone, factory setting 2 times, it still went wrong in the same way. I checked with AIDA64, found the pm8150b chips always went to the temperature at 170℃。Due to I am in Mainland China, I mailed the phone to the customer service in Suzhou. They told me now due to the phone has been repaired they need to check with the service center in Hongkong if it was there their repairation or it was I disassembled phone. That is crazy!  I seldom used this phone since the 7th June when I got it. Always being repaired or the on the way to be repaired. And now the customer service now doubted and checked for meaningless thing. 

I have told them just repair it, if later you found i was telling you the lie, I can pay for the cost of it. THey just ignore my request, tell me to wait. Who can help to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

You will have to deal with the retailer(the people who sold you the phone), or the official Customer Service Centre for your area.

Nothing more really can be done, other than you contacting and dealing with them.

And AIDA64 does NOT work correctly on Android 9, it really only works correctly on some older phones, from Samsung and Chinese manufacturers.

The only thing it can do sometimes is read battery information correctly, but it will still give incorrect information most of the time.

From the Developer:

"Please note that in Android 9 , Google decided to block apps from accessing several system files that were previously readable. That includes the files apps would need to show thermal sensor readings"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

You will have to deal with the retailer(the people who sold you the phone), or the official Customer Service Centre for your area.

Nothing more really can be done, other than you contacting and dealing with them.

And AIDA64 does NOT work correctly on Android 9, it really only works correctly on some older phones, from Samsung and Chinese manufacturers.

The only thing it can do sometimes is read battery information correctly, but it will still give incorrect information most of the time.

From the Developer:

"Please note that in Android 9 , Google decided to block apps from accessing several system files that were previously readable. That includes the files apps would need to show thermal sensor readings"

kelvinyang
Visitor

thanks, i realize the problem of AIDA 64. Whatever the phone continueously restart itself days ago. And lately, it even cannot initiate the android 9. Reset to factory set has been done twice. The main problems is the customer services in China. The privous repair made in HK scartched the back screen, so they assumed I disassembled the phone myself. and they said they need to check with HK service center. That is meaningless. Whatever the HK service has done, can they prove if it is disassembled  by  me or them? I told them, first if you want to check just make a call to HK, I had called already and the HK center found the record.Second, just repair it, if there are any cost I should pay, I will do that. The answer is they cannot make international calls, even they cannot verifying the phone number is the "real sony service" . And they insisted they need to find it out and then order the part and repair.   That is the reason I cannot accept. 

kelvinyang
Visitor

One more thing, i used AIDA 64 when it was perfect normal. The temperature reading was normal at that time, around 30-60 degree. As a compare, I noticed that problem. Whatever the problem is they will need to change the main board of the phone. Another thing, why the sony phones now seems so poor at the quality control.