Join now - be part of our community!

No carrier icon

SOLVED
Urrl
Visitor

No carrier icon

There is no carrier icon, only a time icon in the top left corner of the display. I am getting service but since I bought the phone July 8th from B&H, both unlocked and activated over the internet, tethering is unlimited. I am using the Sim card from my last phone. Anyone else with this "problem" ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Urrl
Visitor

This was part of my original post and therefore part of the question. The two seem related and I'm trying to figure out if there is a connection and if anyone else has experienced this. Apparently not so I will mark this post as solved. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

That's correct, network name is on the top left of the lock screen, and when the phone is unlocked, only the time on the home screen at the top left corner.

Urrl
Visitor

I am still getting unlimited tethering. I just got my Note 10 Plus and swapped the sim card into it. Looks like Unlimited tethering there too. 

Korben-Dallas
Visitor

What does "unlimited tethereing" have to do with the original question?

Urrl
Visitor

This was part of my original post and therefore part of the question. The two seem related and I'm trying to figure out if there is a connection and if anyone else has experienced this. Apparently not so I will mark this post as solved. 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

I believe that I answered your question regarding the carrier icon..

It appears on the lock screen, but not on the main screen, that's a clock on the homescreen.

It's not an error, nor does it have anything to do with tethering, here on on any other phone, nor would there have ever been a connection between the two.

As to the unlimited tethering, it's your data so you can use up to your allowance for whatever need, tethering, not tethering, but that's got nothing to do with any phone, that's a network/carrier thing, absolutely nothing to do with any phone.

If you used half a Gb tethering on the Xperia 1, then put the sim card in the Note, you would still have used half a Gb tethering, why would it be anything else??

Urrl
Visitor

You are right. If they dont want to keep track of my tethering why should I worry about it. I'll just tether to my hearts content, which is to say as much as I want with no limit. But thanks for the icon explanation. I do notice a carrier icon on the lock screen. This topic is resolved.