Join now - be part of our community!

One handed mode

SOLVED
Lutkis
Visitor

One handed mode

Does anyone else have a problem with this?

It doesn't do anything when I double tap the home button and when I select it from the side sense menu it says it's "not available at this moment".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lutkis
Visitor

Finally some progress! It works in safe mode. Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

Now I just have to figure out what app is causing the problem. Thinking_Face

Edit: The app was Macrodroid. Frowning_Face

I think I'm not going to uninstall Macrodroid over this one feature, since it's been one of the best and most useful apps I've had.

Thank you all for your time and suggestions to solve this problem!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
drlmiles1
Contributor

Mine works fine, not sure why it is broken. Try a Reboot? 

Lutkis
Visitor

Nope, doesn't work. I figured this wasn't very common problem 'cause I haven't found anything about it.

I thought the new software update would've fixed this but no... Unamused_Face

drlmiles1
Contributor

Display / Advanced /One handed mode / On

... possibly 

Lutkis
Visitor

It was on.

I turned it off, rebooted, turned it on. Still doesn't work.

drlmiles1
Contributor

Really puzzled by this - any specific Display or UI settings you've turned on or off? 

Lutkis
Visitor

I tried it right after I had installed my phone so I can't think of any setting that could've prevented it from working.

drlmiles1
Contributor

Given that no-one else seems to have this problem, there must be an easy answer to this...

I've looked all around the OS and not found anything else relevant. Do you have a Home screen app or another app running that could affect the Home screen display?

drlmiles1
Contributor

Second thought - do you have any widgets running on the Home screen that might not be compatible with the One Handed mode?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Lutkis!

If you have magnification turned on, you will not be able to activate one handed mode, so could you please go to Settings > Accessibility > Magnification and see if this is turned on or not. If it is turned on, try turning it off and see if you then are able to activate one handed mode, either using double tap on the home button or from the side sense menu.

Let us know how it goes!