Join now - be part of our community!

One handed mode

SOLVED
Lutkis
Visitor

One handed mode

Does anyone else have a problem with this?

It doesn't do anything when I double tap the home button and when I select it from the side sense menu it says it's "not available at this moment".

21 REPLIES 21
Lutkis
Visitor

Magnification is off.

When I first tried the one-handed mode I had basically factory default phone with (some of) my apps from previous Sony installed. It didn't work. I didn't think of it that much 'cause I thought that maybe some future update would fix it.

Now I have Nova launcher and the side sense works fine with it but one-handed mode doesn't.

I switched back to Xperia launcher and it still doesn't work.

At this point I really wouldn't want to reset the phone to factory defaults. I just got it looking the way I want and configured all the settings to different apps etc.

drlmiles1
Contributor

@Lutkis

It looks to me as if it might be Nova Launcher - you might want to consider deinstalling it (settings would probably remain on the phone) to see if having it installed (even if not active) is causing the problem. You can then always reinstall it either way

Lutkis
Visitor

Uninstalling Nova launcher didn't help either.

drlmiles1
Contributor

So it must be something that is running on the home screens in the background. I think you confirmed before that there are no widgets running? 

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Lutkis, sorry for the late reply.

Just out of curiosity, could you try and restart the device in safe mode and see if there is any change?

In safe mode all your downloaded applications will be disabled, but everything will be back to normal after a normal reboot, so no data will be deleted. I understand it's the same behaviour without the Nova launcher, but it could be some other applications acting up.

Thank you!

Lutkis
Visitor

Finally some progress! It works in safe mode. Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

Now I just have to figure out what app is causing the problem. Thinking_Face

Edit: The app was Macrodroid. Frowning_Face

I think I'm not going to uninstall Macrodroid over this one feature, since it's been one of the best and most useful apps I've had.

Thank you all for your time and suggestions to solve this problem!

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Lutkis and you're very welcome!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find which application was the cause of this and from what I can tell, Macrodroid seems to be a very useful application and looks quite similar to Tasker (at least the part where you create an event for an action).

I understand that some applications are more useful than a feature that you may not always use, however I'm very thankful for getting back to me with the name of the application in case another user reports the same thing later on! Slightly_smiling_Face

edit: you can always try and reach out of the developers of the application and see if there is anything they can do about this.

Take care and have a fantastic Tuesday! Slightly_smiling_Face

drlmiles1
Contributor

@Lutkis The solution at last! I thought this problem would go on for ages. 

Jonas
Master

@drlmiles, same here and I'm glad that was not the case! Slightly_smiling_Face

Pest
Visitor

@Jonas Does Sony plan to make one handed mode available even with Magnification active ?

I have signt issues and I always need to have the `Magnify with a button' settings on. It's a bit annoying to not be able to use one hand mode just because of this...

If there's a conflict the phone could just disable Magnification when it enters one handed more and reactivate it after...

And I get that there might be a conflict with "Magnify by pressing three times on the screen" but with "Magnify with a button" maybe not...

Thanks