Join now - be part of our community!

phone app icon (1) won't go away

SOLVED
billson
Visitor

phone app icon (1) won't go away

Hoping someone can help. I missed a call and there's a 1 on my phone app icon. I've tried everthing I can to get rid of it but it wont go, its been a couple of days now. I've deleted all call history, force stopped the app and restarted the phone. 

82 REPLIES 82
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Try opening the call you missed, and looking at its details, and failing that, long press the phone icon, and remove it, then go into your app tray, and simply replace it with the phone icon from there, with a restart inbetween remove and replace.

billson
Visitor

That doesnt work either. I cant even remember now whether it was a missed call or voicemail but I deleted my call history when I first noticed the 1 wouldn't go. 

billson
Visitor

Doing a factory reset. Sony said boot into safe mode and if its still there another app could be causing it. It was still there so its last resort. If it happens again theres clearly a problem with it. 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Have you cleared your voice mails?

billson
Visitor

Yeah I tried that as well. Very strange bug but oh well all reset now. 

profile.country.GB.title
jbarnes2

I have the same problem but I have a 3 over the phone icon. I've cleared my missed calls, done force stops repeatedly, cleared cache and data as well. Done hard and soft resets and the 3 is still there. Can't believe in 2019 you have these problems on a flagship product! Wipe and restart is the solution? Very sad if that is the case. We shouldn't have to do that drastic measure and wipe all the data we have already put onto this device. Oh and someone at Sony can advise why the companion refuses to do a backup for Xperia 1. I'm not resetting my phone. Shouldn't have to. Sony needs to fix this.

billson
Visitor

I missed another call and now its back! No message was left it was simply a missed call. 

billson
Visitor

This phone was originally on vodafone and its been unlocked and I'm now using it on ee. I doubt that has anythng to do with it but there's clearly a software isssue. I'll insert another network sim and see if that does anything. 

Didnt work I dont have vodafone but had a three sim to try. So frustrating! May even contact sony again about this. 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Well chances are it's operator software that's the issue.

If it's doing it normally and in safe mode, then it could be some of their operator crap still on it, that's caused it.

billson
Visitor

Is yours a UK model from a carrier?