Join now - be part of our community!

phone app icon (1) won't go away

SOLVED
billson
Visitor

phone app icon (1) won't go away

Hoping someone can help. I missed a call and there's a 1 on my phone app icon. I've tried everthing I can to get rid of it but it wont go, its been a couple of days now. I've deleted all call history, force stopped the app and restarted the phone. 

82 REPLIES 82
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

It's not entirely fixed, but it's a start.

You still have to go through the contacts, recent calls/missed calls, and favourites though, depending on who you missed.

Kernowboy71
Visitor

This is now happening on the Xperia 5 ... only got it on 7 February 2020. Only way to clear it has been a factory reset. Can't keep doing this. 

Help

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply.

@kamalaggi, that version seems to be live in the Google Play store as well, but can't say for sure if it has been fixed or if you are lucky.

I know some users never experienced this on their Xperia 5 devices. It all seems like a huge mess and I still haven't received any updated information when it will be solved...

@RottenFoxBreath, does that always work for you, or can it be hit or miss even if you go through all of them?

I heard some users had to open up the phone app > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Call history > tap on "Missed" > stay here for a few seconds and then exit the app and the notification was removed.

As I wrote to @kamalaggi, everything just seems like a mess and there has been so many different ways of solving this and the solutions has not worked for everyone..

@Kernowboy71, sorry to hear that.

Is there any change if you open up the phone app > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Call history > tap on "Missed" > stay here for a few seconds and then exit the app? This has worked for several users, but it is of course not a permanent solution.