Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 1 VI Impression and issues

profile.country.PL.title
c2h5oh
Explorer

Sony Xperia 1 VI Impression and issues

HI Guys,

i have been using my Sony Xperia 1 VI for about two months now and i sadly have to admit i'm dissapointed with the phone.

First of all i want to mention that i really like how Sony operates, and i really do love the products they do. I was always considerd "Sony Fan" and was proud of it. I own two Sony's TV, speaker, headphones, 4x Playstation consoles, and several other, minor prodcucts. 

I always loved the brand, the quality, the design. I always recommended their products to others, proving that "My Sony TV is still working while your's Samsung managed to get broker 3 times in the same time period (same price range tvs).

I was more than happy when i realized that i'm going to have another Sony product, and that it is going to be Xperia 1 VI. A phone which was announced by many  as a complete phone with amazing camera, huge battery life, wonderful screen and many many more. Sadly, i must admit i didn't receive what i was expecting, and for the first time ever, i'm truly dissapointed whit Sony product.

Nevertheless, i wanted to point out what hurts me the most, at the same time hoping that i simply don't know how to set up the phone in the first place, and maybe the community may resolve my issues in some standard way/procedure. For the rest of issues i'm experiancing, i do truly hope that they will get fixed by patches/system updates. So, just to mention major ones:

1) Super long charging (Nearly 3hrs to full load on regular charger) - this one i have already posted and @SatoruGojo is helping me.  I'm going to buy original charger and see if that helps.

2) Battery lifespan supposed to be one of the longest in comparison to other flag phones. Can't measure it in professional way but my impressions are quite standard. The battery holds the phone just ok, i really can't see significant difference when comparing to other phones. While it was announced that it can hold nearly two times more.  

3) Camera

- I often can't take good pictures whith full light. Camera is making them overexposured, means - worthless. Not to mention how much time i need to spend to try multiple times. I knew that camera doesn't work well in darkkness,  but it seems that it works very bad when it has a lot of light, too.

- when i use camera dedicated button on the side of the phone, it take "ages" to take a picutre. I have to wait until big circle on the screen is loaded. This is extremly annoying and i hope can be fixed.

4) Phone gets very hot very quick! I'm talking about turning on just YouTube or Spotify and after severl minutes phone gets really warm. If i run any other thing on it, it will get very hot and really unpleasent to hold, not to mention to use.

I really dont use many applications, i don't play games, don't watch netflix, just really basic applications that should overload the phone that much.

I think it's worth mentioning that i am using original Sony case for the phone, but still, i don't believe it should look that way.

Last thing to mention is that the part that ussualy gets hot is the small strip on upper left phone's edge

5) BT communicaton seems to be very laggy. When i connect the phone to speaker (also Sony) it seems that there is significant lag in communictation while using for example Spotify or YouTube. Same thing happens with headphones, car audio, any other bt device.

Happy to hear from the community if it is only me or you too have similar issues with the phone? 

Cheers for anyone who can help with this, even if only to some extent.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
jmposvip

I am also using my Xperia 1 VI from the beginning of June, and I love everything about it except the Google Photos app and the camera auto mode in some situations.

1. Google Photos app: I just don’t like it at all. I made a separate post here about it. Sony, please make an Xperia Album app again.

2. Camera software in auto mode is just okay. It overexposes or underexposes too easily, the photos are too cold, and HDR is just barely okay. The photos are too neutral, too bland, and indoor photos are always underexposed. Sony, please make auto mode better. Copy Huawei—they have really good computational photography.

3. Face unlock is missing.

The rest is really good.

• Screen: Amazing, I love it.
  • Flashlight: Finally amazing, very strong.
  • Battery life: Amazing, almost two days. (For OP: You really need a USB-C PD charger, minimum 30W, and a USB-C to USB-C fast charging cable.)
  • No overheating for me: (OP: Maybe an app is causing this problem, try it in safe mode.)

Overall, I am happy with the phone, but Sony really needs to step up their game. The camera software feels like it's from 2020, and we are in 2024. Sony, you really need to improve computational photography.

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@c2h5oh for charging try to follow the steps here and see if they make difference LINK you can also follow these basic steps, they should be able to help the overall performance of your phone. To maximize the battery usage, check this one LINK