Join now - be part of our community!

Sudden black screen no responce

Idrial
Visitor

Sudden black screen no responce

Hi,

My phone seems to have just died. I was changing between apps when all of a sudden the screen turned black. I can't charge, can't reboot while holding down the power button and volume up button. When I plug in to PC by using USB also not responding.

Quite afraid I have to send it for repair and have to wait for a bunch of weeks. Somebody any other options?

Greetings,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Idrial, let me see if I can help out here.

The first thing that i would suggest in this case is to try charging the device for at least 30 minutes. If the battery is drained, it may take up to 30 minutes for your device to respond to the charging. During this time, the screen may remain completely dark, not showing the charging icon. Also note that it can take up to 4 hours for a completely drained battery to charge fully.

Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure that you are using an original Sony charger and USB cable specifically intended for charging your device. Other chargers may be too weak or too strong as they may have a different electric current rating (mA). It is recommended that you use a charger that is plugged into a wall socket instead of using a computer (and USB cable) to charge your device.

Secondly, since the force restart did not manage to power on the device, I would suggest that you try do to a two minute-restart. To do this, press and hold down both the volume up key and the power key for 120 seconds, ignoring any vibrations. After this you should be able to charge the device as usual. Once the charging icon appears, you may try to power on your phone as usual.

If none of these measures manages to power on the device, I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team in order to have your phone sent to an authorized service center to be examined and possibly repaired.If you have any questions regarding the service such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Idrial
Visitor

It didn't help unfortunately. Phone is in repair now. I try to post the problem and solution when I receive it again.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that the software repair did not help, @Idrial.

Feel free to keep me posted on how the service goes!