Join now - be part of our community!

Video problem with my Xperia 1 II -

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

Video problem with my Xperia 1 II -

The Videos are pale and milky in the Standard app and the Camera app. The different ProApp styles make it worse. Everything looks perfect in the preview, the result are not usable. The stabilization is very weak.

Tried different ISO and shutter speeds, nothing helps.

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @mamller6487,

have you tried turning off HDR in the standard camera app?

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

Yes, i do not use HDR. And the "pale" effect is seen in videos created with the standard app and the cinema pro app.

The results of the cinema pro app are more soften. Very bad results. 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Any way you can take a sample and upload it to youtube, so we can see what you mean exactly, and what settings on the clips you use.

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

OK 😀 tomorrow, when it is daytime, i make new videos and will upload them. 

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

i HAVE made a video about it

on my channel same thing happens with the mark 1 and its nothing to do with the fault of sony.

If you have recorded in HDR

If you are playing back the video on a monitor tv and you have a pALE CAST OR a slight grey haze, this is not the fault of Sony,rather your monitor/tv is unable to display TEN BIT HDR!

The pale grey haze is actually MISSING COLOUR information that your monitor/tv is unable to display.

I answered this question a while back on my channel

Hope that helps folks :slight_smile:

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

Videobeispiel/videoexample 

Here my examples.

I do not use HDR in standardapp. In the cameraPro App i have no setting to adjust HDR or not.My monitor is able to show HDR content.

The standardapp shows better results, but not very good. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Video shown in standard app looked natural coloured.

In cinema pro looked a bit less contrast, probably due to HDR being active.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Well, I thought the berry tree with Cinema Pro looked fine to me.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I'll be honest, I just don't use the standard video recorder except for when I need a quick video. For all other recording I use cinema pro as I like the flatter 10 bit recording as it goes better in my workflow when splicing with scenes from my drone when that records in D-log or Cine-DNG. it's actually pretty close when using LUTS with the only thing I really need to do is reduce the lut influence on the Xperia 1 (now 1ii) recording.

The standard video shown, is what I'd call natural looking, it doesn't pop like some, but I bet that video when looked at on some devices might pop a little more, but again, that's because the Sony display is tuned for natural colour.