Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 ii - Ambient Display Sticker

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
monkey_matt

Xperia 1 ii - Ambient Display Sticker

After many months of having a custom sticker on my ambient display, I decided that a change was needed. So I got the image I wanted, went to apply it, and....... Error. Could Not Load Media..... Hmmm, that's strange. Clicked on None, before trying again...... Error. Could Not Load Media........ Oh well, I thought, back to the one that was on the phone minutes earlier....... Error. Could Not Load Media.

I am now stuck with either no sticker or one of the phones' own images, none of which I like.

Any ideas? The image is stored on the phone's own memory (not the SD Card) and is only 22kB big, compared to my old image which was 353kB, so it cannot be a size thing.

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
danyelB35

Hmmmm, you are right! Just tried on my end, does not work. But I know there
is a way, I've done it before with many pictures. Will investigate and get
bact
profile.country.GB.title
monkey_matt

Aye, I had my old one on there with no problems! It was only when I came to change it that I started to have them, and now cannot even return to the image I had. So to me (although I don't like saying it) it looks like a bug has been introduced during an update at some point, but was asking the question on here first just in case it has appeared before and someone has managed to solve it.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did Sony advise you with any solution for the issue when you contacted them ?

profile.country.GB.title
monkey_matt

They emailed me about an hour before your message but was busy at work so only just read it.

They advisied to try clearing the data and force stopping a couple of system apps (one of which doesn't exist in my app list called DisplayBooster...... possible reason for the bug??) then try a forced reboot and safe mode boot again, and finally to complete a full system repair using the Xperia Companion application on the PC.

Unfortunately, nothing has worked, and the DisplayBooster system app is still missing.

Have replied to their email, so awaiting another reply

profile.country.GB.title
danyelB35

Not yet, we don't have a solution.
profile.country.GB.title
danyelB35

A full reset may help but now I wonder,... do we need to do this after
every software update? :)))
profile.country.GB.title
monkey_matt

A full system repair didn't work for me, still have the same issue. Have informed Sony about it, and waiting to hear back from them now

profile.country.GB.title
monkey_matt

Quick update on this as it has still not been resolved.

I emailed Sony support for an update after I replied to their intial requests, they replied asking for more details about my phone, when it started happening and such, as well as saying that it had been escalated to their 2nd level of support, so we shall see if that goes anywhere!

I suspect I will not hear any more about it, and hoepfully will be resolved in an upcoming update

profile.country.GB.title
monkey_matt

Well Sony got back to me, and they believe the issue is with the native google photos app, and has been reported to Google. So we shall see if a future update to the app resolves the issue!

They suggested a work around which works for now, and that is to uninstall the updates to the Google Photo app (back up your photos just incase!) by going to its entry in the playstore and clicking uninstall (it wont actually uninstall the app, it will only take the updates off). The ambient sticker now works as intended so you can choose the picture you want, and then re-update the photo app to the latest version.

profile.country.PL.title
LinuxFan2021
Explorer

I've got the exactly same issue with Xperia 1 III, so it seems Google haven't repaired it yet. Unfortunately this workaround doesn't seem to work on my smartphone. Any ideas why?