Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1ii hide's Keyboard when using any browser e.g. Chrome

Xperia 1ii hide's Keyboard when using any browser e.g. Chrome

I'm having an issue on my recently updated Xperia 1ii phone (Android 12). If I use any browser, whilst typing in the URL area, if I accidentally hit the area right of the hide Keyboard down arrow (on the left under the keyboard) it hides my keyboard. It is SERIOUSLY frustrating! I've got the Xperia Series 1 (Android 11) and I cannot replicate the issue on that phone. I would like to just hide the hide Keyboard button and use the gesture (swipe down) to hide the keyboard if need be... Is anyone having a similar issue recently? Or is there a work around? Everything works fine if it's a messaging app or a text box within a webpage but if you enter anything in the URL area (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) then I have the issue mentioned above...

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Jonathan.White,

left beneath the keyboard is only the global "back" on-screen button, which I personally never hit on accident while typing. Which on-screen keyboard are you using? G-board (the Google-Keyboard) or something else?

If you use G-Board, the gap between the lower most keys on the left side (in my case "switch to symbols" - "comma" - "space") are far enough away from the "back" button to not hit is.

Maybe share a screenshot of your smartphone when the keyboard is shown on screen.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I have just checked on my pro-I on a11 and also will drop the keyboard if tapped on the area to the right of the button.

I believe this is due to the button area being larger than the image shows, possibly due to scaling of an screen buttons while keeping the actual button the global size.