Join now - be part of our community!

When is Android 12 Coming to Sony Xperia 10 III

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

When is Android 12 Coming to Sony Xperia 10 III

Hi there the 1 III and 5 III have been getting their Android 12 updates. I'm wondering when the 10 III will start to get its update? I think it's unfair to send out Android 12 to the flagships first in all markets and then push it to the 10 III even though the 10 III was the first of the MK3 line to be released. I understand the flagships will get updates first but this is ridiculous now. Thanks so much. 

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

Have You contacted with the support?

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

No I just popped up a post here. I'm surprised there isn't more people asking. 

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

Android 12 just brings new issues, read this thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/comments/rvr3qp/where_the_hell_is_official_android_12_confirmati...

Quote from there.

"I hope they better fix existing problems on my Xperia 5II than launch Android 12 with more bugs."

I totally agree.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yeah, I think they might stop releasing it for a while until they solve the issue.

sometime it's good to have the update at the end :grin:

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

Ya I'm on that sub. It's looking like Android 12 across the board on all devices is having such issues. Samsung have reported severe battery drain among others. I'm actually glad that my phone isn't getting it.

Hopefully we will get a better quality Android 12 when they work out the bugs. 

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

True that. I 100% agree. Its not been a good road for Android 12 looks like Google Pixels are getting the best experience no shock there then. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Oh that's bad. I didn't know it affected other brands as well. They either will pulled it out like the case with Sony or they will just release a software update to resolve the issue.

profile.country.SE.title
dragontrumpetare
Explorer

At last I am back. sadly I lost my old account, SONY sadly didnt help squat to get my account here back. But I guess it was better for it to just get deleted, than go on not being able to sign in. Well, I am definately not a visitor, been here for ages, but well ...

I do agree with the thread creator, and those answering. Sure its better SONY releases an update that is working. I get that. But what I dont get is the silence treatment from SONY about this update. Sony usually at least inform us wich units getting the update. This time, there was no information what so ever about the roll out for Xperia 1 and Xperia 5. I guess they had to release it, because the US market gotten units with Xperia 5 III with android 12. 

But I think it cant be so bad of bugs in the software so we cant get it now? Right? I mean Samsung and OnePlus just stoped it for a while, and then roll out the update again. This time around SONY is really not doing this thing good. Starting to wonder what the headquartes in Japan believes that information to their customers are bad or something. I do miss the days when SONY was SONY ERICSSON later SONY and headquartes was in Sweden. Those were the days. 🙂

I wish they would go back to the update schedule of release as they did during SONY ERICSSON days and before SONY moved hq to Japan. They however did change it to Premium newest devices update first, then newest Mid range, and low range. Than comes the older Premium, Mid range low range and so on.

profile.country.HR.title
lovrakus2019hotmail.com
Explorer

I am also a user of Xperia 10 iii and I wonder when  android 12 will be
released for this nice phone