Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X10 II Locked

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
smeeebeee
New

Xperia X10 II Locked

Hello

My daughter decided to change her pin but has now locked herself out of her phone. I've tried all sorts to try to factory reset without success. The common instruction to hold down the volume button (I have tried up and down) along with the on/off switch hasn't worked. I cant stop the handset from just restarting so can't access the recovery menu. The phone does a vibration, followed by three vibrations.

I've also tried the Find My Device option but she doesn't have the location enabled.

I downloaded the Xperia companion software. It firstly asked for the device to be unlocked before I did a software repair which obviously we can't do. I selected that the device couldn't be detected, managed to get the process started but then an error message came up saying the repair couldn't be completed.

Does anyone have any suggestions please? I'm running out of ideas and patience!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

And patience.

I selected that the device couldn't be detected, managed to get the process started but then an error message came up saying the repair couldn't be completed.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

You did the right thing.

Try it again. (battery charged > 80%)

Computers have a tendency to give up when you insist a lot. 😉

Be patient and try again.

Second problem you will encounter is that Google won't restore everything unless your daughter can remember her Google password.

Tell your daughter to use a very old fashioned set of things called pen and paper and write down the most essential things that need not be forgotten.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

And patience.

I selected that the device couldn't be detected, managed to get the process started but then an error message came up saying the repair couldn't be completed.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

You did the right thing.

Try it again. (battery charged > 80%)

Computers have a tendency to give up when you insist a lot. 😉

Be patient and try again.

Second problem you will encounter is that Google won't restore everything unless your daughter can remember her Google password.

Tell your daughter to use a very old fashioned set of things called pen and paper and write down the most essential things that need not be forgotten.