Join now - be part of our community!

Bugs with Google Photos and Music (Sony) since Android 10 update

Yekollu
Contributor

Bugs with Google Photos and Music (Sony) since Android 10 update

1) I am unable to delete photos on my SD card 

"Photos doesn't have access  to delete items on your SD card. Go to the Gallery app to continue deleting".

There are two buttons Cancel and Launch Gallery. Selecting Launch Gallery does nothing

2)If i upload my Playlist to the phone (using Media Go like always), the playlists are always empty irrespective of the Music app that I use. But the Newly added Playlist has all the songs though

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

In Sony music app I think it doesn't have fully permission to sd card because you can't even search for music stored on SD card. But you can search songs which are stored in internal memory. Probably they will fix it. But I've heard that they gonna lose support for music app in the new Xperias the same for album app

Yekollu
Contributor

I can search for Music on the SD card and both the all songs and recently added playlist have music in it.... It's just that the other playlists are empty irrespective of the Music player app that I use or music transfer programs or the storage that I use Slightly_frowning_Face

Resetting the phone fixed the delete bug on the photos app Slightly_smiling_Face

The finger print sensor also works much better now but there are a few minor bugs in the UI which I can live with

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

You're using Sony original music app? Because on both my devices I can't search for songs in the Sony music app.

Yekollu
Contributor

Yes, I use the original Sony app. Somehow I like it

But the issue is same across all music players including Play Music,  Youtube Music etc.... even tried different SD card but still the same Slightly_frowning_Face

Another bug that I noticed 52mm lens works only when am taking pictures in 4:3 format and in cinema Pro!

There a few other minor bugs like when I exit a game all icons look like a circle with a solid color but just for a fraction of a second and it is something that I can live it. And every time a call is disconnected i hear a loud beep

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

I've fixed the search option - I renamed the music folder name and then renamed it to original. 

No other mentioned bugs. Except freezing icons on main page and when you exiting the game - you see for a second only coloured circles instead of normal app icons. And of course finger print 🤭😁

So here on my phone everything now working fine. Except Instagram which works on every Xperia the same - it upload images in 21:9 or 18:9 respectively by default but it should upload in 16:9 as every other phone... The same when you get disappearing DM - they are displayed in 21:9 but they are cropped on the sides so if someone sends you picture with text you can't read all words....