Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to clear phone notifications

SOLVED
CJ76
Visitor

Unable to clear phone notifications

My phone (Xperia 5)  notifications are turned on all times. I am unable to clear it. Doesn't affect the performance but a bit annoying. I have restarted the phone and turned the notifications off and on but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. 

71 REPLIES 71
Dindong
Visitor

Same phone same problem. Really annoying.

Dindong
Visitor

Now the dot has just disappeared after few days.

AndrewD71
Visitor

Today I had a missed call on my Xperia 5. After opening the phone app to check the call the notification Dot won't go away. I've cleared the cache and data of the app, I've uninstalled and re-installed app updates, restarted the phone and removed the SIM yet the notification is still there. Has anyone else had this issue?Screenshot_20191023-214315.png

Screenshot_20191023-214333.png

AndrewD71
Visitor

I also can't seem to upload screenshots here Smiling_Face_with_open_Mouth

AndrewD71
Visitor

Yes a bug with the app then. The trick with the pull down notification solved it for now.

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Google will release an updated version of the Phone app around October 21-25.

A huge thanks to everyone who has reported this and I hope all of you have a great day! Slightly_smiling_Face

Jas5
Visitor

Please fix this the update done nothing 

Dindong
Visitor

I did have this problem and after few days the dot disappeared, but after next missed call the dot came back and hasn't disappeared since then.

I got the phone app update yesterday, but it didn't help. It seems that the only solution is not to miss any calls.

rmark1104
Visitor

Its now 28 October, I am still having notification issues.  I tried to check for updates but there seemed to be none.