Join now - be part of our community!

Lost My QR Code AS20

SOLVED
profile.country.LV.title
Nankat
New

Lost My QR Code AS20

My dad gave me 2 years ago for my birthday the camera the problem is that I lost the code qr because I moved the country, got lost with some boxes of the move and now I do not have the qr code and I do not know how to start the session play memories on my new cell phone, I appreciate your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi there ,

if you lost the QR code which came with the manual, you can create yourself a new one by following these steps:

Connect the camera to your PC/MAC with the provided micro-USB cable.

Switch the camera on by pressing the buttons next to the screen (the cameras display should show "USB").

If you performed these steps correctly, your PC/MAC should show two mass storage devices, one will be the memory card inside your camera, the other one will be the cameras internal system memory (if you don't have a memory card inside your camera, your PC/MAC will only show one mass storage device).

On the internal system memory (named "PMHOME") you will find a wifi.txt file, which holds the cameras WiFi data (SSID and WiFi-password).

If you enter the password shown there into an online QR-code generator, you can print yourself a new one and tape it to the camera with transparent tape.

Alternatively you can connect to your camera by entering it's WiFi password in your smartphones WiFi settings, like you do when you connect to your home-WiFi-router.

- Nic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Nankat and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

You should be able to find the information you need here:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-mobile/en/operation/index.html

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

C

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi there ,

if you lost the QR code which came with the manual, you can create yourself a new one by following these steps:

Connect the camera to your PC/MAC with the provided micro-USB cable.

Switch the camera on by pressing the buttons next to the screen (the cameras display should show "USB").

If you performed these steps correctly, your PC/MAC should show two mass storage devices, one will be the memory card inside your camera, the other one will be the cameras internal system memory (if you don't have a memory card inside your camera, your PC/MAC will only show one mass storage device).

On the internal system memory (named "PMHOME") you will find a wifi.txt file, which holds the cameras WiFi data (SSID and WiFi-password).

If you enter the password shown there into an online QR-code generator, you can print yourself a new one and tape it to the camera with transparent tape.

Alternatively you can connect to your camera by entering it's WiFi password in your smartphones WiFi settings, like you do when you connect to your home-WiFi-router.

- Nic

profile.country.LV.title
Nankat
New

Thanks i cat conect my celuphone with mi camera :slight_smile: