Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback issue with Sony A6000 camera.

profile.country.GB.title
Stevekohh
New

Cashback issue with Sony A6000 camera.

Hi, I bought my A6000 camera at 23/12/2017 with a third party retailer. I filled up the form for the cashback and is subsequently confirm my information for the cashback. I was promised to have the cashback money in around 5 working days. It's been nearly 2 weeks and I'm wondering is there anyway to contact sony about this? 

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
My6000
Explorer

I bought a 18-105 f4 lens online from John Lewis on 3 January 2018 and have so far submitted the associated VAT Invoice four times as required by the conditions of the Winter 2017 Cash Back. On each occasion I have received a mail indication that this the document is not being accepted as  proof of purchase. 

From what I have read it woud appear every effort is being made by Sony to renage on their offer of a 'cashback'

Just cant understand why a company like Sony should treat customer like this.

John D

profile.country.GB.title
Stevekohh
New

Sorry to hear that, I believe it's very common for sony to delay their payment to the customers and I did expect them to do so.. it's simply business tactics. 

profile.country.GB.title
My6000
Explorer

From what I have read online this has been some concern for sometime re - Sony 'cash backs' and in many cases customers have given up trying to get their due 'cashbacks'.

I have never experienced this before with companies such as Canon or Sigma.

We can only hope Sony do honour in full their cashback commitment.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend getting in touch with Sony Support for help with this.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Captain-Roger-Fenton

Captain Roger Fenton 1860.

If you keep hitting a dead-end. The following might be of some assistance.

When complaining on any issue. I go straight to the top, their details exist on CeoEmail.com.
1 . Don't accept bad service.

2. Don't be rude & abusive.

3. Express your point of view.

4. Reply to the email, and 'CC', the CEO. This gives 'em sight of the problem. Don't expect a reply.

5. As a final resort. Email 'To' the CEO, 'CC' to where the email originated. Expect a reply.

I don't always get a positive result. It only takes 2-emails: no time at all.

CHEERS ! Captain Roger Fenton

profile.country.GB.title
My6000
Explorer

I received an email from Sony yesterday, informing me, that my application for cashback related to the purchase of a 18-105mm lens has been accepted and I should receive the 'cashback' within 28days.

Although it took sometime and a few emails to reach this position it appears that this matter has come to a satisfactory outcome.

profile.country.GB.title
Trevelyan
Explorer

My6000, good luck with that - I had a similar email over three weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for the Cashback payment. I'll be escalating to Sony UK HQ if no result by Monday week!

profile.country.GB.title
manbitescat

See my post 'Sony are scammers', appalling, pathetic and possibly illegal. I've complained to the ASA and BBC consumer affairs programmes (x3). Sooner Sony go out of business the better. I'm very, very very angry...

profile.country.GB.title
manbitescat

Apparently just earned a 'kick off badge' - Sony can have one of my [edited by moderator to remove profanity] badges if they like...