Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A7 Mk II Error

profile.country.SE.title
Ivarsony
New

Sony A7 Mk II Error

Can anyone help me with my camera. Every now and then, right when I press the shutter to capture something, the camera says something along the lines "Camera Error, turn off the camera and cut the power". I follow the instructions but the error repeats a random number of times and then goes away for a random period. This has been going on for about a year. I've had my A7 II since 2015, maybe it is worn out? I've turned to youtube and people there who has had this problem advise to turn off the camera and remove the battery and lens, turn the camera upside down and gently hit the body a couple of times in the top of the body. This seems like a mr Bean approach, hehe.

Does anyone out there know whats causing this?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

You can try to resolve this error message by temporarily removing the battery pack. If the error returns after reinserting the battery pack, it may be an indication that service is required.  If so, please get in touch with the support team for further help here.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.SE.title
Ivarsony
New

Thank you, I’ve tried this and today I sent my camera to Sony for inspection.

Regards

Peter
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for the update!

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.  Hope you have your camera back and fully working soon.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.SE.title
Ivarsony
New

Let’s see what happens. I fear it is going to be a costly repair and it may be better to buy a new one. As much as I have loved this camera I’m disappointed that it failed after almost three years and I’m reluctant to spend 2000€ on a new one if it’s life span is only three years. I’m trying to figure out if this is a common error or just a bad apple. There are some clips on youtube which tells me this has happened to some, but even a hundred bad apples in a basket of thousands is still acceptable.

Regards Peter