Join now - be part of our community!

Video jitter comes and goes on the A7iii

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
gregtallent
Explorer

Video jitter comes and goes on the A7iii

Handheld camera.. video jitter comes and goes on a clip .. this happened on 2 clips out of 29 from the shoot.

Here's how it looks:

[video]

Glad for any suggestions on why this happens and how to fix this. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
gregtallent
Explorer

Hi Nic

Thank you for your reply.

I've been using handheld for over a year now and have not come across that jitter. All the videos on my website were shot handheld:  http://www.gregtallent.com

The whole clip I posted here is handheld.. I put in a few seconds at the beginning to show 'handheld' smooth before the first jitter.. after the first jitter it goes back to 'handheld' smooth.. then jitter the comes back.. and then it goes to smooth again.

I'm using  a Sony FE 1.8/50 mm  prime lens... and Steadyshot is ON and SteadyShotAdjust is Auto.

Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @gregtallent,

from what I can see I would say it is not a camera issue but an issue of how you handle the camera.

Invest in a tripod/shoulder support and try again.

Also which lens are you using and do you have any kind of Steady Shot enabled?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
gregtallent
Explorer

Hi Nic

Thank you for your reply.

I've been using handheld for over a year now and have not come across that jitter. All the videos on my website were shot handheld:  http://www.gregtallent.com

The whole clip I posted here is handheld.. I put in a few seconds at the beginning to show 'handheld' smooth before the first jitter.. after the first jitter it goes back to 'handheld' smooth.. then jitter the comes back.. and then it goes to smooth again.

I'm using  a Sony FE 1.8/50 mm  prime lens... and Steadyshot is ON and SteadyShotAdjust is Auto.

Greg

profile.country.GB.title
gregtallent
Explorer

Recently did a shoot and didn't have the problem.

I think Nic is right.. it must have been handheld camera shake.
There were people in the gallery and I was working fast in case we were stopped so wasn't thinking too much about camera shake as I moved.

Just wanted to let you guys know.